Employment at E.J. Krause & Associates, Inc.
Assistant Operations Manager:
About the Position:
This is a full-time position with overall responsibility for directing facility, contractor, operational, production, and food and beverage activities for assigned trade shows and conferences. This position is responsible for related functions from inception to completion, including performing initial site research and proposals, and implementing all contractual arrangements for vendor services at all trade shows. The Operations Manager will attend assigned shows and is responsible for coordinating large scale on-site operations as well as managing, training, monitoring and developing the Operations staff.
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a time sensitive environment, and demonstrate the qualities to anticipate and adapt to the changing needs of customers and clients with exceptional ability at building rapport.
The position will provide support in following areas:
- Research potential show sites; collects information on rates, accessibility, meeting rooms, exhibitor needs, transportation, catering, miscellaneous services and discounts provided.
- Prepare site/facility proposals and makes recommendations; arranges for site inspections, assembles all service information regarding contractor interaction with exhibitors, including wall layouts, drayage and other relevant needs
- Negotiate contracts for onsite contractors, hotel room rates, catering, etc., ensuring agreements are within the corporate guidelines. Communicates space requirements, negotiates complimentary rooms, percent increase limits, cancellation policies, catering, security, audio-visual needs, parking, etc., and complies with all facilities contracts and general contractor agreements
- Communicate regularly with all contractors including the general services contractor, venue staff, sales, catering, banquet, and audio-visual and services managers to arrange for all event needs, food function menus, coffee service, social activities, and coordinates these functions with other expositions staff
- Coordinate exhibitor needs with sales staff; creates floor plan layout for each event to ensure proper exhibitor placement and customer satisfaction. Watches for good traffic flow, adequate areas for registration and exhibitor services, and ensures compliance with safety and facility requirements
- Coordinate production and posting of signage; provides input into the creation and maintenance of all operations contact with exhibitors including service kits, security forms, badge forms, freight scheduling and all other activities pertaining to logistics and operations
- Work with registration to coordinate exhibitor and attendee registration, including advance and on-site registration, lead retrieval systems, staffing, lists, etc.
- Maintain communication with exhibitors to ensure that problems to be discussed and resolved
- Manage on-site functions at assigned events, including exhibit hall, meeting rooms and other event spaces
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate assigned Operations Managers, Coordinators and Assistants
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration or related work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in tradeshow convention production, hospitality or large event planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task – must be highly detail oriented, with problem solving and conflict management abilities
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Prior knowledge of publishing, trade shows and/or marketing
- Contract negotiations and implementation experience is critical
- Experience with hotel and/or banquet sales or facilities management and planning
Long Term Disability
Paid Time Off
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org